The Club was founded in 1913, during the time between the Boer War and the First World War, when the Government of the day actively promoted the formation of Rifle Clubs.
The Club is affiliated to the governing body of small-bore rifle shooting in the UK, the National Small-bore Rifle Association (NSRA), based at Bisley. The Club is also affiliated to the Suffolk County Rifle Association (SCRA).
The Club moved to its present site in 1978. Since then, the facilities have been improved and updated on a regular basis. The last major programme was a complete refurbishment of firing point in 2017. Club members are expected to contribute their time towards routine maintenance programmes as and when asked by the Committee.
Our membership stands in excess of 75 active members.